Hahaha! I totally forgot this part of the story about P3. After I broke up with him, I received this crazy random phone call....from his mom in Europe! I have to say it ended up being one of the funniest conversations I've ever had but it was pretty weird to participate in. So this woman, calls me, mispronounces my name- as pretty mcuh everyone else does, and goes into some sob story. I patiently listened to her prattle on about his childhood, his exwife and his kids, how he's an aboslute genius but completely misunderstood, blah blah blah. And then it picked up and I was confused as to the relevance of her next topics she opted to share with me. She told me all about her Thanksgiving dinner she prepared, which is in itself quite difficult since they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Europe, you know. And she wanted me to know how elegant her table setting is and how people vie for an invite to her soirrees. And when she described her spread, all I could think with incredulity was,"Why?!?!!!?" See for yourself and tell me- do you wonder the same thing?
She told me she made a lovely green jello mold and decorated it with hard boiled eggs and caviar- yellow, orange, and black because those are fall colors, and "Can you imagine how elegant that looks and the contrast- how beautiful, and imagine how good it tastes. You can clearly see why I have near strangers vying for a spot at my dining table." Really? In my limited travels to Europe, I was never served Lime jello with eggs and caviar. I've had all three but not all three together. Eggs and caviar are good together, and citrus and fish go well together. I get it, but those three together may look nice (which I have serious doubts about) but would not be something I want to eat in combination. Obviously, I was totally missing out! Anyone else eager to dine at Crazy's Crazy Mom's house? I'm pretty sure she told me what other delectable dining adventures she served up at her impressive festive soirree but I was gagging silently over her piece de resistance!
Then she ended her conversation with me somewhat abruptly. I was to not tell anyone that she had contacted and I was to swear on everything holy I would not contact her in return. Really- no oath was necessary on my part. I had hurt her son horribly and she didn't know if she could forgive me that. I could live with that. I seemed like a good girl but obviously I didn't know a good thing when I see it. Obviously!
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment