I visit teach some fun ladies (in the LDS church, visiting teaching is a chance to get to know a few ladies in the congregation a little better outside of Sunday meetings.) One of them, is SherrilAnn. She is so stinkin' fun- I love it! So, the other night we were at dinner and I told her about my dream to write a dating and socializing tip book for the LDS singles- especially the over 30 crowd.
Here's the story. Back in the day, like 5 years ago, while I was still in a Young Single Adult ward, my friend Jared and I were perplexed at why there were so many socially awkward and inept people, and we noticed a sad lack of flirting skills in both genders. We half jokingly decided that we should work together to create a self-help dating how to book for church members, in a kind of he said- she said format. We were going to call it 'You Can't Squeeze the Melons...and Other Helpful Tips for LDS Singles Over 25.'
Well, Jared got married and our book never got written. However, my friend SherrilAnn thinks I should go ahead and write the book, or at least blog it, and she will be my editor if needed. She doesn't know about this blog yet- she just wants me to write.
So, maybe things will take a new direction, or head back to it's original intent, or maybe i'll just keep going as I have been- random thoughts and dating tales.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment