I'm attending a religion class for Mid Singles in the area. I thoroughly enjoy it! There are still more women than men in attendance, which is to be expected. I recommend it and encourage anyone in the greater SLC area to attend it if possible.
I ran into one Dead Fish there recently. He kept staring at me all through the amazing lecture and discussion. After it ended, he positioned himself only a few feet from me to talk to some people and continued staring at me. You know when someone (or something) is staring at you even without looking because you can feel yourself being watched and it's not really the most pleasant feeling in the world. So I finally look at him, and he immediately looks away. I'm not sure at this point if I remember the poor guy's name but I do know for sure he's the crappy kisser I made out with after a date a couple years ago, so I smile and say, "Hi. I think I know you." He responds with a big smile of his own, says my name wrong- a very common mistake actually, and says, "I'm sorry I disappeared on you." Well, that's interesting. I tell a guy he's a bad kisser, he never calls me after that which was expected and acceptable, and when we run into each other two years later, he apologizes to me? That's a first! Is this Bizarro World? Yes, yes it is because I kid you not, he tried to ask me out. I feel I have to go back and tell a bit of the back story to complete the current story.
Two years ago, about a month after my then boyfriend went off to Europe to run guns or something stupid, I decide I'm not waiting around for him to come back- if I'm single when he returned then mayabe we'd keep dating but I was really hoping to not be single. So, I went online and started talking to some guys. Most were just nasty, but Dead Fish was quite nice. We met up for a quick dinner. I had been helping my sister all that week with her sick kids because she had three kids under the age of 6 with stomach flu, and she had it too. I told this to Dead Fish and told him I'd probably definitely be sick and we could meet the next week instead. He said it'd be fine and he wasn't worried at all. So, we ate, we talked, we made out. That night I woke up puking my guts out. I texted him between puke fests to apologize to him for his inevitable but welcomed bout of stomach flu. No response. I felt bad for the flu thing but figured I'd really hurt his ego by questioning his kissing skills. See, we were kissing and kissing and kissing until his lips went all dead fish. That was just gross, and obviously unacceptable. I asked him what he was doing and if he could go back to what he was doing before or try something different. That worked for about 30 seconds, until he went dead fish again. So we were done, and said our good nights. That was the last I head from him, until....
So, imagine my surprise when he's standing there asking me how I've been, what's new, and apologizing for disappearing on me like he did. Then he wants to know if I'm seeing anyone, and what my schedule's like. I told him it was great to see him but I wasn't dating anyone right now- not even him. His response was it wouldn't be a date but rather two friends visiting eachother. I told him we aren't exactly friends at this point although I had nothing against him, and that I was in fact currently breaking girl world rules in even talking to him. Dead Fish is persistent if nothing else. He says the best way to become friends is to visit each other. One of my friends was having a bonfire so I told him to come that so he could make lots of friends and we could catch up there. He said he'd think about it but he'd keep in touch. It's been a few weeks and I haven't seen or heard from him since that little chat.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment