CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I was a cougarette.

I have played the part of a cougar except I wasn't really old enough to be a real cougar so I'll say I wasa cougarette since I was still pretty much a cradle robber. I dated a boy 7 years younger than me. This boy had an amazing voice, sang beautifully, and was one of those spiritual giants that kind of intimidate you but he was also very down to earth and self-deprecating. He was cute, funny, very intelligent, and had an amazing job. But he still lived at home and had a curfew. He was finishing college. Yep- that's right.... an adult with a curfew! We never came close to getting trouble, which is good but sometimes you'd like the opportunity to see if you want to push the limits with someone. It was great until his parents met me. His mom had a hard time because she was only 11 years older than me. He broke up with me shortly after that disastrous meeting. The reason? He has talked to his parents about possibly marrying me!

Ok- why is 2 to 3 months the magical marriage number with the LDS? The 3 times I've had marriage talked to me has been at that point. I still don't really know someone at that point well enough to think about marrying them. Since I'm still single, I obviously just haven't met the right guy yet, but of all the guys I've dated the only thing I really know about them at 2 or 3 months into things is what his favorite restaurant is, his taste in movies and music, and his sense of humor. Is that the criteria I'm supposed to make the marriage decision with? Yikes!!! I digress though.

So, the boy talked to his parents about me, and they tell him I'm too old for him. And being the obedient son, he promptly told me he couldn't marry me because his parents said I was too old for him, and he couldn't date someone he wasn't going to marry. There's a funny side and a sad side to this story. The funny side first- he had this conversation with me while sitting on playground equipment at a park. Seemed fitting I guess- so ironic and funny. I laughed at being broken up with on playground equipment by a boy. Now the sad part of my story..... he chose to have this conversation with me on my birthday after my party.

2 comments:

Kat

Oh my! Some parents are just too controlling! Good thing you didn't get too serious with him. He'd probably have run home to mommy for anything that came up...

But, if you really liked him, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you too!

Meams

Hahaha- Kat! There has only been one guy I was serious about and that didn't turn out well either. No my friend- this boy was nothing serious because of the age difference as well as the divergent levels of maturity- he was a fun distraction with poor timing!

Post a Comment