I love, Love, LOVE my Gramma! She is truly the best! I love to tease her a bit every now and then, which is what a good grand daughter should do. My Gramma is in her mid 80's, has alzheimer's and dimentia, and lives in a nursing home. If ever you're not feeling so good about yourself, you just need to have a chat with her- unless of course you really are ugly and then maybe don't because the woman is brutally honest and extremely opinionated! I digress from the intended story though.
Last Sunday, my brother and his wife blessed their daughter at church. We were very surprised that my aunt came and brought my Gramma with her- it was a quite a drive for her to get there. We like our family! So after Sacrament meeting ended, our little family group headed outside to take some pictures and visit without interrupting the other meetings. I overheard my Gramma telling my aunt she had to hurry and get back to the nursing home so I asked her why the rush. She proudly tells me she has a boyfriend there waiting for her and she can't wait to get back to him. This being the same Gramma that encourages me to be slut lips, I ask her if they make out. I half expected her to say yes actually. My poor sweet little aunt about fainted that I asked that of my Gramma; my sister kinda puked in her mouth a bit but she was with me in half expecting her to say yes. Gramma says in classic Gramma style, "Oh lawsy me- no, honey! You don't do that at my age- things don't work right and you both smell funny. And you might not recover from that excitement at our age." My aunt was very relieved to hear that. My sister and I joked out of ear shot about how funny yet creepy it would be to walk into a nursing home and see an old couple making out. Yes- we are warped!
So today, my Mom and I are visiting with her, and Gramma gets to talking about her boyfriend again. I teasingly accuse her of making out with him, and her response? She winks at me and says she's following my advice of lovin' them and leavin' them. Hahahaha- that was her advice to me last I knew, but that's cool! So, I said to her, "Gramma- you may have the lovin' part down but neither of you are getting very far, very fast- him in his wheelchair and you with your walker!" Her response is classic! She says, "Oh honey- I leave him every day... wanting more." Wise, wise woman! That's my Gramma!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment