CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When not to marry your best friend

Proper is one of my best friends. We've been friends for over 10 years. Everyone that sees us together thinks we should be a couple. People say you should marry your best friend, but what if you think of your best friend as nothing more than a brotha from anotha motha? That's like incest, and incest is wrong unless you're royalty. Proper is British but he's not royalty!

Since so many people have made comments about there needing to be an us, I have given it serious consideration. I've even talked to him about it. I'm pleased to announce that the thought of there being an us thoroughly repulses him. We joke about dating, and what we expect of each other once we're married. I call him my fiance but I encourage him to continue dating his girlfriend. For a brief time, before he started dating his girlfriend, I was his 'girlfriend' when gay guys and cougars tried putting the moves on him- he kept somepictures of me on his desk.

Don't get me wrong, I love my friend dearly, in an unromantic way, and I'm 98% sure the feeling's mutual. He and I have very different dreams, hopes, expectations, views on kids, marriage, and careers, and family relationships. Plus, he's a crazy workaholic- I'd never see him. He will always be a part of my life, and assuming I ever get married, my husband will have to accept this and will hopefully befriend Proper also.

Proper is a good and decent man. Funny, brilliant, clever, witty, successful, loyal, considerate, generous, honest, handsome, quirky, and absolutely amazing. He's a great guy and I'm not in the least attracted to him- like I said, he's basically a 5th brother to me. The thought of kissing him pretty much grosses me out, and if you can't kiss your husband why would you want to be married to him? And that is why sometimes marrying, or even dating, your best friend just is not a good idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment