CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Proposal

Now kids, I really have some crazy and interesting, sometimes scary dating experiences, but this one takes the cake!

I've gone out with Pete twice now and spoken with him on the phone several times, and he's informed me he plans on marrying me. Whoa- wait- what?!?!? To me, and my perhaps overly logical mind, that just seems like craziness, and here's why.

I get that in the LDS culture, it's not all that uncommon for people to meet and be engaged or married three weeks later, but that just scares the crap out of me! I can't think of anything scarier to do other than maybe picking up a mask wearing, knife toting hitch hiker when driving down a deserted road late on a foggy night!

I literally cannot fathom planning to marry someone that you barely know, or to agree to marry someone within 3 weeks of knowing them. Especially now- they could totally be married still, be a pervy pedophile rapist guy, be a meth head in hiding, have raging STDs and a gambling habit, and who knows what all else. You might never discover any of his dirty little character flaws, or you might find them out well into things, or the first night of your marriage. The guy could also just be that amazing and stellar, or he could be a complete dooha out to ruin you and everything else he encounters so he feels better about himself.

So, I have this guy telling me he plans to marry me, and all of a sudden, I'm panicking. Am I a commitment phobe and I never realized it till now? Is this guy a freaking loon, and he now has my phone number and can easily utilize the internet to do a search to find me based on my phone number in order to more effectively stalk me? Is this the most elaborate attempt yet by any of the guys I've encountered to try to satisfy their salacious appetite at my expense? Or is this guy totally legit and the real deal? I have no idea, and the crappy part is, he's just so cute and easy to talk to, even if her were the mask wearing, knife toting hitch hiker I'd totally consider picking him up still because he has a Scottish accent, and I LOVE the way he says my name. Damn my obsession with a nice voice and a great accent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment