CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Success! I think.....

So, my plans to bug that poor man into submission may be starting to work.

Last Sunday, church was shortened because power was still out for most of the ward following a huge windstorm and there were city wide emergency clean up efforts going on because another windstorm combined with a blizzard was supposed to hit (but miraculously dissipated to nothing before it finally hit Davis County.) Right after church the quiet tall guy with nice small and pretty eyes smiled at me- progress.

Then, I had this thought, "Holy crap! I've been bugging him every week for over two months now- we've never been introduced so he might not even know my name. I could be known to him as the annoying girl that bugs him every Sunday. Even annoying girls need names. I have to introduce myself." So, I sidled up to him and said, "We've never actually been introduced. Do you even know my name? I bug you every Sunday and it just dawned on me that you probably don't even know my name since....well, since we haven't been introduced." He looked at me like I was a half wit, smiled sympathetically, and while laughing at me said of course he knew my name and walked away.

So, this past Sunday, I didn't even notice him as I was walking past, and he leaned in toward me and said, "Hello M." I was impressed. He actually said hello to me...first! And he knew my name!!! I'd say that's definite progress considering I've had more than one person tell me he's shy to the point of being about paralyzed around the opposite sex.

I told my Mom about my "plan" to convince this guy to marry me, and how and why I came up with my ridiculous plan, and everything leading up to this last Sunday. When I told her he finally initiated a conversation with me, she asked me what he said. I said, "Hello M." Hahahaha! Needless to say, my Mom was a little less than bowled over by the length and depth of said conversation. She just said, "Wow. Well... that's just... well... good luck with... so much progress?"

Yup- I'm practically engaged!

0 comments:

Post a Comment