CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 9, 2012

Psychic prediction come true?

Hmmmmm- I do believe I'm making progress on my quest to pester a certain someone into marrying me, or at the very least into being my friend. Check it out!

I went and had a little chat with my bishop the other night because well, not much in my life at present is overly spectacular and I'm being weighed down pretty heavily by it. Christmas was especially difficult for me since my oldest brother and his girlfriend were staying at my place along with my parents. I hadn't had any time to myself since the week before Thanksgiving and I was pretty stressed out when bishop happened to ask me at Tithing settlement how I was- my guard was down and I didn't bother playing it up- I said, "Some days totally suck and others aren't so bad." We needed to talk but there was no time that night. Later that week, he had the guy I've been pestering into submission call me to set up an appointment. This is how that call went:

Him: M?
Me: Yes- this is she.
Him: This is S.
Me: Heyyyy! How are you?
Him: Good- thanks.
Me: What's going on? Are you feeling all kinds of left out since I didn't talk to you on Sunday?
Him: Actually I was calling to schedule an appointment for you with Bishop- does tonight work or would tomorrow or Sunday work better?
Me: It's my parents last night in town and we're doing a family dinner tonight so tomorrow would work better. (At this point my 4 year old niece Burpie walks in and hollers in her cute little Smurfette meets Elmo voice, "Mom- she's in my room talking on the phone!" and then she plops down in front of me, all smiles and asks who I'm talking to. I say, "My friend, S." She proceeds to holler into the phone as she's getting up, "She's talking to S on the phone, Mom! *giggle-giggle-giggle*")
Him: How's 6:20 tomorrow night work?
Me: Great!
Him: Ok- I'll put you down for 6:20 then. Why didn't you talk to me on Sunday?
Me: To give you a chance to miss talking to me. Have a good night.
Him: *Nervous laugh* Oh ok- that's a good idea. You have a good night too. Bye M.
Me: Bye S.

So, I finish talking to Bishop- it's a good talk. He asks if there's anything else he needs to tell me. I tell him he may need to tell me occasionally to stop pestering and embarrassing his poor secretary so much but Ken and MaryAnn had told me he and another guy are ridiculously shy and need help in coming out of their shells so I was planning to help with that. Bishop told me he'd probably encourage me in that instead because those two guys did need help. Then he tells me how S informed him a little while back that he'd offended me by saying my name wrong. I told Bishop he had said it wrong but I was super friendly when I corrected him and wasn't really offended at all. Bishop informed me I'd made quite an impression on S. I'm sure I have- as the crazy obsessive stalker chicka with a wack-a-doodle difficult name to say! That's the impression I get of the impression I've been making on the poor man!

Well, today at church, I arrived 10 minutes later than I was already late because it took me 10 minutes to walk across the solid ice parking lot in heels. There was one seat available in the back for me to slip into- right between a rock and a hard place. There's a creepy guy in my ward that was also in my young singles ward- he's not quite right in the head and he has a legit creepy stalker crush on me. He likes to follow me around, breathe on me, stare at me, and try to get me to sit by him at various ward activities. YIKES!!! No way freak show! He's the rock. On the other side of the empty seat, was S. That would be the hard place. Awkward. The creepy stalker sitting by his stalkee while she in turn sits by her not really being stalked stalkee? I don't think so. Especially since I had my adorably cute sassy little niece with me- I didn't want my stalker anywhere near her. So, rather than plop myself down next to S to really make him squirm and blush, I opted to sit in the foyer with my niece. When church ended, I went to the bishop's office to pay my tithing. S walked by, stopped, backstepped, and said, "Hello M. How are you doing today?" I said back to him, "I'm doing pretty good S. How are you doing?" He said he was doing good. To date, that teensy little exchange is our lengthiest and deepest conversation we've had in person.

It's a total improvement!!!! Definite progress.

Somehow, a psychic is sending readings to my junk email for a girl named Melanie with my birthday. In her latest psychic reading, she informed Melanie that on the 8th of January, big change would come into her life. Now, even though her psychic skills are not proficient enough to let her know she's got the wrong name, I'll totally pretend that her psychic prediction of today being a big day of change is legit. You rock crappy internet spamming psychic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment