Yesterday was my Gramma Suzi's birthday. I took my nephew and drove an hour to vist with her and any of my relatives showed up. My Aunt J and Uncle Sam were there and several of my cousins as well- it was a regular family reunion of sorts! My gramma has alzheimers and dimensia, and lives in an assisted living place. We had a grand old time. Uncle Sam plyed the piano, the kids danced, Aunt J sang, and we all laughed and visited. Good times.
Without fail, everytime I see my Gramma she inquires about my love life and offers her unsolicited and biased advice. The last time I saw her, she told me I wasn't married because I didn't want to be married, but the very next sentence she told me that there must be something wrong with the men since I'm still single. Five minutes later, she repeated her questioning in to my love life and again said I didn't want to be married. So this time, she asks me, in front of the family, how my love life is, if I'm dating yet. With all eyes on me, I smiled and said, "Gramma, you've already told I don't wanna get married so I've decided I'm just gonna makeout with all the cute guys that come my way instead." My family was kind of surprised at my response since I'm the quiet one of the bunch- Aunt J about fell out of her chair laughing! To my surprise- Gramma laughed too and said, "Oh smart girl honey. Good, good. Have some fun since you're not married. That's the smartest thing I've heard in a long time!" I like that my Gramma's encouraging me to not marry and just be slut lips!
Happy Birthday Gramma Suzi and thanks for the good advice! Hahahaha!!!!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment